Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Bye Mom!!

I'm headed off to daycare.

Yes, it is true. After much talk, Chris and I decided to put Keegan into Daycare. PART TIME. He will start daycare at the school, and will go from 8-12 Monday through Friday every other week. I am proud to say that for 18 months I got to keep my baby home with me and spend every day with him. Some days were harder then others, some days we would both sit there and I would hold him and we both would cry. Some days trying to function on 2 hours of sleep isn't as easy as you think. It was easier when he was little, but now that he is a 'toddler' it isn't as easy. I work nine overnights in a row, 11pm to 7am. Chris and I both sacrifice so much to do what is best for our kids. As little sleep as I was getting, some nights weren't so good for Chris either. A part of me is nervous to let him go, a part of me thinks that I failed. But I need to remember it will be good for the both of us.... And little Keegan, you are going to make SO MANY new friends. We love you to the moon and back.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keegans is going to daycare? How hard it must be on Mom, but I bet he will do great--he's going to have so much fun. Here's hoping you ALL have a smooth transition!

Alyssa said...

Yay for my big boy!!!

Grandpa Rapid said...

Test

Grandpa Rapid said...

its about time keegian goes to day care and let the other kids know whos boss