Monday, December 8, 2008

Most Elegant!!!

Yes, I realize that this isn't a picture of Riley or Keegan. But it is a picture the cookies that Chris and I made at Bake day at his Mom's house in the cities on Saturday. Every year some of Chris' uncle and aunts come to his Moms and we make cookies all day....everyone has to bring two recipes and have to double the batch so everyone has some to bring home!! We started at 10am and I think the last of the cookies were done at 6pm, when everyone is done they are all displayed in the dining room and everyone goes around to sample all of the cookies...awards were giving out for, most original, best tasting, and most elegant, there was a surprise award given out for "BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME"
Jeff and Shelia Grunst won best tasting on two of there cookies, really I think we just gave it to them because they had so far to drive....
Dood Grunst recieved the award for most original on his Popcorn ball....YES, his popcorn ball, I was a little surprised too, again, I think he just got that one because he is old and they didn't want to hurt his feelings.
Better Luck Next Time went to Kathy Krohn....her cookies were simply just horrible, but dont tell her that...I think we all choked them down and then drank some Vodka straight from the bottle right afterwards to get rid of that awful taste!!! ;)
And of course there was no surprise when Chris and I won the award for "MOST ELEGANT"
we just simply know what we are doing when it comes to baking cookies!!
It was a fun day, I think I ate too much but it was all worth it!! Keegan was an amazing baby, I dont think we heard a peep out of him all night, he did fall in love with his Grandpa Stan...Stan has the magic touch when it comes to babies I guess...he held him and he feel asleep...it was so precious to see those two together...so a BIG thank you to Stan, for being my babysitter all day!! It really means a lot to all of us Hulkes.....
And of course Riley had a ball too, I think Chris and I saw him 5 minutes the whole day. He had his Uncles Seth and Sam to play with and his cousin Gage.....they have a Wii so of course they were glued to that like we were glued to the Vodka bottle after eating Kathys cookies!!

5 comments:

Summer said...

Your a freak! But who doesn't like a little vodka!

Anonymous said...

GO RACHAEL RAY!!!! Very nice and very deserving...Most Elegant!! They do look yummy!!!

alyssa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
alyssa said...

You forgot to add one thing...You and Boomer only won most elegant because we felt bad that you had to go to 15 different stores looking for cardigan. Why is there no mention of the commish or vice commish?? I mean without us you would'nt have won your pitty prize.

our2boys said...

I'm sorry Alyssa, do I know who you are?