Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Christmas!!


I know, you didn't get a Christmas Card or letter from us this year....so, consider this your Card and letter!! Next year I will be better, I promise!!
This year has been amazing!! I feel truly blessed for all that has happened in my life in 2008. Riley, as most of you know is in the first grade and doing amazing!! He is a math wizard, and from what I am told he takes after his Dad!! I still use my fingers to count! ;)
This last Summer Riley was a member of MAYBA, it is youth baseball through Mankato, that kept us very busy with two nights a week driving back and forth. I guess that is just preparing us for what is to come with him!
Riley continues to amaze us with how he interacts with his little brother. I was afraid with the age difference that he wouldn't want anything to do with Keegan, but Chris and I are always reminding him to not constantly have his hands on him!
Riley Howard makes us all so proud and I thank God everyday for that little man, he truly is something special and I do not know where I would be today without him!!
On April 9th, Chris and I headed into ISJ hospital in Mankato to be induced with our youngest child, Keegan Rick. He arrived at 7:20pm and was 8 lbs and 2 ounces, 21 inches long. It was a long day but it was all worth it! Keegan continues to make us smile and laugh all day! He is 8 1/2 months today and I still wonder where my baby went?!
Keegan was born a very content baby and still seems to be....he has been doing a good job with sleeping through the nights....he has given us a couple scares though. The first was when he got stepped on at two weeks and ended up with cracked ribs...WOW, the joys of parenthood, not a fun time!! He has recently been into the Dr. to be diagnosed with Impetigo, he pretty much looks like he has chicken pox all over his body....with all the sore, he still manages to be one of the cutest babies around!! I am glad we got that taken care of before the holidays!!
Chris is an Insurance Agent at AAA in Mankato, I think for the most part he does enjoy his job! He is great at what at what he does, and from what I hear....they have GREAT rates right now ;) Give him a call to get a free quote....(how was that honey?)
He is an amazing father and I love watching him with the boys....he will have such a huge impact on their lives, more then what he will know. Riley looks up to his dad so much and will stand by the door to wait for him to come home. After Chris leaves for work, Keegan will stare at the door and say "dada...dada" for about 20 minutes with the backwards bye-bye wave! It is cute!
As for me, I am happy. I have everything that I could want. I have two healthy boys, a healthy husband and great family surrounding me. I have recently changed my job and am currently working at ISJ hospital as a CNA, I work the overnight shift....11:00pm to 7:30am! I then stay home with the Keegan during the day and we wait for Riley at 3:15 to come home from school! I am so happy with what I do, I love helping people and just being there for them to talk to, to listen to them when they are scared and give them my hand and tell them everything will work out, it truly is an amazing job. After some talk with Chris, I think we have both decided it is time for me to go BACK to school....agh, after 10 years I will have to say that I am a little nervous, but it will be worth it! If all works as planned I will start the fall of 09 and and by 2012 will become an RN!
As you can see, 2008 has been good for us! And I hope for a great 2009 as well. I hope everyone a safe and happy holidays!!
Love,
Chris, Heather, Riley and Keegan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you all had a great 2008! Here's to an even better 2009! Your boys are sure some handsome little men! Happy New Year!